SLACanada’s Intelligence Officer, Gary highlights sites and sources for prospect research and donor sourcing. A renowned web expert, his ARL Day in Review and INFOdocket in Library Journal alert the library sector to news and developments impacting their work.
He’s now part of InfoDJ, doing “Gary Scans” – just-in-time info-gathering-engine for business teams “to get fast footing on key topics like citizen science or the competitive landscape for biodiversity programs.”
One hour before we went live Climate Change Resources announced Gary’s new role as their editorial contributor!
The video and Gary’s links are here:
- It’s About Nuggets, Not All Encompassing Answers
- Save and Archive: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
US. v. Canada: It’s Just Different
Archive Archive Archive! – a webpage you look at today may be changed or deleted tomorrow!
- Save Page Now (via Wayback Machine)
- Time Saver: Archive Browser Addon with 404 Redirect
- Page Comparison Feature ||| Compare/Final
Sources: Trade Publications (A MUST!)
- Another Example
Tracking People, Companies, etc.
Advanced Google Searching is Key
- Limiting by Date
- Quick Note: Duplicate Filter Even With Advanced Searching
- Using it with LinkedIn (For Example)
Tech Transfer Offices
Public Company Filings
Beyond Google News
What Did They Say?
- YouTube (YouTube Alerts)
- Podcast Search
- Downie (Creating Your Own Archive of Video)
Scholarly + Patents
Don’t Forget Public Library Resources!
Fee-Based Services (Some Offer Free Resources)
Research Management Tool