Bracebridge Public Library (BPL) is recruiting a leader who is strategic, collaborative, and passionate about the big differences small libraries make in their communities. A single-branch system in Bracebridge’s picturesque downtown core, BPL serves this fast-growing town in a region renowned for its natural beauty, cottage country and economic opportunities.
Situated on a major highway two hours from Toronto and minutes from a regional airport, Bracebridge is a favoured destination. It is in the heart of the Muskoka, an area of natural beauty including 1,600 lakes and numerous waterfalls. Bracebridge’s population of over 16,000 continues to grow and swells during the summer months. The economy depends on hospitality and tourism, construction, geo-tech and green technology, health care, niche manufacturing, regional and local government.
The new CEO will address a range of opportunities to ensure that service levels are consistent and meet the needs of the community:
- Engage in planning and fundraising as needed for the new library
- Develop creative approaches to deal with space limitations until the new library is built
- Support the board in developing short and long-range strategic directions and annual plans
- Clarify and foster relationships and responsibilities with town staff, particularly working with the CAO and collaborating with all the town’s key staff and organizational units
- Envision and implement service strategies to reach residents and businesses.
This position will appeal to those who are passionate about the difference community-led libraries make and who have:
- A graduate-level degree in library-information science (preferred); or comparable level of education (including and not limited to business, technology, or public administration)
- Five years of management experience including budgeting, policy development, strategic planning, project management and personnel management
- A strong understanding of emerging trends, new technologies and advancements in library service
- Political acuity and ability to adapt to political changes
- Experience with facility planning and development, ideally for shared-use solutions
- A sincere desire to be an integral part and champion of the growing and evolving town.
Bracebridge Public Library offers a highly competitive salary range. For more information, consult the Position Profile below. Competition closes Weds. April 28.