We’re very excited about this new event taking place in Monterey, Oct 17-18. The first of it’s kind, the Library Directors Digital Strategy Summit focuses on “Strategic Choices for 2020″ in an intimate and interactive conversation. Strategic choices and decision-making are a challenge for all directors, deans and senior managers especially in the digital age. Options and alternatives abound, so how do we choose what best fits for our communities, campuses, corporations and governments? The new Library Directors Digital Strategy Summit is an interactive event which includes leading edge thinking, collaborative opportunities for evaluating different future scenarios, various perspectives and viewpoints, industry experts, and more. Digital strategy has been defined as the process of specifying an organization’s vision, goals, opportunities and initiatives in order to maximize the business benefits digital investments and efforts provide to the organization. This summit pushes us to clarify our visions and goals for digital strategy in library environments, shares opportunities and initiatives, and looks carefully at the benefits our investments can achieve.
This two-day summit is an interactive forum for library directors, CEOs, and CIOs of academic, public, government and special libraries to problem-solve, discuss, and network with colleagues. It features a mix of high level presentations, expert panels, round table and facilitated discussions with lots of networking/peer engagement time. It features one on one time with leading thinkers:
*John Seely Brown, Chief of Confusion; Visiting Scholar at USC; Independent Co-Chairman of the Deloitte Center for the Edge, & Author, The New Culture of Learning
* Lee Rainie, Director, Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project, & Author, forthcoming book, Networked: The New Social Operating System.
* Elizabeth Lane Lawley, Director, RIT Lab for Social Computing, Rochester Institute of Technology
* Dan Rasmus, Futurist & Author, Management by Design
* Michael Edson, Director of Web & New Media Strategy, Office of the CIO, Smithsonian Institution
* Kate Trgovac, Digital Marketer, LintBucket Media* Alexis Madrigal, Senior Editor, The Atlantic, & Author, Powering the Dream: The History and Promise of Green Technology
* Alexis Madrigal, Senior Editor, The Atlantic, & Author, Powering the Dream: The History and Promise of Green Technology
* Sameer Patel, Partner, The Sovos Group
* Librarians Helene Blowers, Director, Digital Strategy, Columbus Metropolitan Library; Micah May, Director of Strategy, Office of Strategic Planningv, New York Public Library; Cindy Romaine, Romainiacs Intelligence Research, & President, SLA; Ernie Ingles, Vice Provost, University of Alberta; Mike Ridley, CIO & Chief Librarian, University of Guelph; Miriam Blake, Director, Research Library, Los Alamos National Laboratory; Roy Tennant, Senior Program Officer, Research, OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.; Donna Scheeder, Deputy Chief Information Officer, Congressional Research Service, Library Of Congress; Jeff Trzeciak, University Librarian, McMaster University
Register, join the conversation and get insights for your future digital strategy and the strategic choices facing you for 2020!