Another wonderful piece from Strategy + Business. ” The success rate of major change initiatives is only 54 percent.” The piece includes a great short video about why this rate is so slow. Check it out. Here are the top 10 principals for leading change management:
1. Lead with the culture.
2. Start at the top.
3. Involve every layer.
4. Make the rational and emotional case together.
5. Act your way into new thinking.
6. Engage, engage, engage.
7. Lead outside the lines. Includes: pride builders, trusted nodes, change or culture ambassadors
8. Leverage formal solutions.
9. Leverage informal solutions.
10. Assess and adapt.
“These 10 guiding principles offer a powerful template for leaders committed to effecting sustained transformational change. The work required can be arduous and exacting. But the need for major change initiatives is only going to become more urgent. It behooves us all to get it right. ” You’ll get lots more out of the full article!